HOW TO MAKE A WARDROBE AS A PROFESSIONAL CARPENTER
Making a wardrobe by yourself sounds so complicated but you just need to spend a little time to make a modern wardrobe by your own ideas.
Preparation materials to make a wardrobe
– 2 pieces of plywood size 2x50x180cm (for 2 sides of a wardrobe)
– 3 pieces of plywood size 2x50x90cm (for the above, the bottom and the middle drawer of a wardrobe)
– 1 piece of plywood the size 2x30x180cm (for the back of a wardrobe)
– Copper pipe long 150cm
– Saws, Makita impact driver, drills, screwdrivers, rulers
– Drill top 2.5cm, 0.2cm
– Polish machine
How to make a wardrobe as follows:
– Preparation: You can rub sandpaper on the plywood or repaint it depending on your decisions. You point the midpoint of width of plywood size 2x50x180cm. Down 1.3cm of width, you draw a straight line number 1 that is parallel with edge width.
– On that straight line, you mark respectively 3 points: 1 point at 2.5cm from the left edge, 1 point at midpoint and 1 point at 2.5cm from the right edge. You will drill in these points.
– You do the same for the second piece of plywood size 2x50x180cm.
– At the other width edge, down from 50cm, you draw a straight line number 2 that is parallel with the edge width.
– You mark 3 points in this straight line: 1 point at 2.5cm from the left edge, midpoint and 1 point at 2.5cm from the right edge.
– From line number 2, you add one line number 3 that is parallel and far from line 2 about 10cm. Then, you continue to mark the same 3 points in this line.
– You mark the two sides of wardrobe respectively with letters A and B. Then, you place the pieces A against the wall. You use the 3 marked points in a straight line 2 of the plywood as a standard to mark the plywood of the bottom.
– You use the marked points in piece A as standard and rate 2 marks on side of the plywood of the bottom. This point should be marked 3A as it will be appended to the pieces A.
– You use a piece B and do the same with the other edge of the bottom piece. You do the same with the middle drawer piece and the line 3, the top piece and line 1.
– For 2 pieces of 2 sides: you mark at 12cm down from the midpoint of the edge width. Then, you use a drill top 2.5cm to drill 1 hole on marked point to create hanging hole.
– You use a drill to drill the rest of marked points (on 2 pieces of 2 sides and the bottom piece).
– You place the piece A on a flat surface and fix it with bottom piece, middle drawer piece and the above piece by Makita impact driver. Then, you connect the piece B on the other side.
– Now, you decide whether you will set up the back of wardrobe. Make sure that piece will be fixed with the 2 side pieces and the bottom piece.
– Then, you drill the marked points as the following picture.
– Next, you carefully drill screws into the marked points. And you cut the copper tube to fit the size of the wardrobe to do the hanging line.
– Let’s decorate the wardrobe by a mirror for example.
Frank Colin is me, a DIYer. As you know, to be a DIYer is not easy at all. We should learn a lot of things to create beautiful products by ourselves. In order to be well preparation DIYer, I just want to share my tips in power tools, home improvement, DIY… You can find it useful and creative and use it in your life. Hence, you can create some beautiful products or furniture as the present for your family and friends.